Lactose is one of the popular food additives and ingredients in most countries. As a professional Lactose manufacturer and supplier, Agritrade FZCO has been exporting Lactose from United Arab Emirates since 2000, so you can be confident in buying Lactose at Agritrade FZCO. Please feel free to email any inquiries and problems to [email protected]. Our B2B trade specialists will contact you within 24 hours of sending your inquiry during office hours. We will provide you with information about the product, its origin, price and method of delivery. We will also help you make a decision as to the choice of a specific product by presenting its industrial applications. As wholesale specialists, we will be able to provide high-level service with transparent trade rules. All trading transactions run smoothly with us!
|Qty in 20' FCL:||12MT|
Request a quote
Description of lactose
Lactose is a type of sugar that is naturally present in milk and dairy products. It is a disaccharide composed of two simple sugars, glucose, and galactose. Lactose provides an important source of energy for infants and young children, as well as for adults who consume dairy products, and it is also used in the production of various food products such as cheese, yogurt, and ice cream.
However, not all individuals are able to digest lactose properly. Lactose intolerance is a common condition where the body is unable to produce enough of the enzyme lactase, which is necessary to break down lactose in the small intestine. This can lead to a variety of digestive symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, gas, and diarrhea.
In addition to its role in nutrition, lactose is also used in the food industry as a sweetener and a bulking agent. It is commonly found in processed foods, medications, and supplements.
Application of lactose
Lactose is used in a variety of products and industries. Here are some common uses of lactose:
- Food industry: Lactose is used as a sweetener, bulking agent, and flavor enhancer in many food products such as baked goods, chocolate, candy, and processed meats.
- Pharmaceutical industry: Lactose is used as a filler or diluent in the production of tablets and capsules, and it can help to ensure that the active ingredient is evenly distributed throughout the product.
- Cosmetics industry: Lactose is used in cosmetics as a skin conditioning agent, and it can help to improve the texture and feel of products such as lotions and creams.
- Biotechnology industry: Lactose is used in the production of recombinant proteins and other biopharmaceuticals. It is commonly used as an inducer in bacterial expression systems, which allows to produce large quantities of recombinant protein.
- Agriculture: Lactose is sometimes used as a source of energy for livestock feed, particularly for young animals such as calves.
Overall, lactose is a versatile and widely used ingredient in many industries, and it has a variety of practical applications beyond its nutritional value.